Sunday, May 31, 2009

My First Ever Blog


My first ever blog was February 9th, 2007. I had opened my Y!360 account in August of the previous year at the urging of my cousin, Judie, who is no longer with me on this earth. I did not know how to insert photos, or change titles or put in links but the above photo is from the snow storm I talk about below.

Entry for February 09, 2007

What is it about the new year which makes us all expect wonderful things? As if all the bad from the previous year can be shoved aside with the mere passage of a couple seconds we have designated as the end of one year and the beginning of the next.

January 1 found me still snowed in from the horrendous snow storm that ended 2006. And if found me fighting with my sister. Nothing necessarily new. We always had our clashes of spirit. What can one expect from two strong personalities raised in a highly competitive family. The difference was I had decided not to take it anymore.

I had not even been aware that was my numero uno 2007 resolution. I was not going to take disrespectful behavior from anyone. About time. This year I turn 62. If I am not going to stand up for myself, who is?

And from that beginning a sea change has ensued. It was as if emerging from a long tunnel. That tunnel was entered at Christmas 2001. On Christmas Eve of that year I suffered a serious closed brain trauma (CBT). It alters personality and perceptions and in my instance "knocked me into the right side of my brain." Emerging from the tunnel this January 1st did not mean things were as they once were but I had decided to take total responsibility for who I had become. No apologies, no excuses. What you see is what you get. And if you don't like it get lost.

I frankly love the new me. Oh, so much more creative and comfortable with myself. I can be totally content with just my paints and pets for company.

Not that I am unwilling to share, but on my terms. Not a bad place to be as 2007 gets rolling. It is a little sad my sister does not want to continue the journey with me. But I am sure there are other stops along the way. People will get off and get back on. Doesn't prevent me from enjoying the trip.

My sister and I are no long fighting but I am still very much on the "No apologies, No excuses" bent I expressed here. And the new creative me has gotten a lot more creative. And I now have five blogs. And know how to post pictures in a lot of different ways.
Note: I had imagined when I first set up Chats with Charley II that I was going to archive all my old 360 blogs here. But Google is not set up to take them and the transfer to Profiles went smoothly. I can archive them on Wordpress but have not decided on that.

So for the moment my objective is to go through my blogs before they vanish from 360 and feature a few here. In the more than two years I was on Y!360 I wrote 921 blogs. Not all of them are memorable. It could be an interesting journey just re-reading some of them.

No comments: